Superannuation can be a tricky thing to navigate for employers, but it’s something you have to get right. If you’ve recently set up business and have employees, you may be unaware of your obligations. Even if you’ve been in business for a while, there are changes being made all the time (including during the recent Budget) and it can be hard to keep track. Luckily, the Australian Taxation Office recognises this problem and they’ve created a free, online course that you can complete in your own time at home that teaches you all the things necessary to comply with your super requirements. If you meet the learning outcomes, you will understand:
• the importance of paying super guarantee
• the circumstances in which it is payable
• the steps to setting up super for your employees
• how to calculate super guarantee
• how to lodge and pay super guarantee
• what to do when a super guarantee payment is late or missing
• your record-keeping requirements.
There’s an assessment at the end of the course and if you achieve a score of 80% or more you’ll receive a Certificate Of Completion.
For more info and to take the course, visit: Super-guarantee-employer-obligations-course/