The Pyrmont Ultimo precinct is regarded as the start-up capital of Australia. As a case in point, Pyrmont Ultimo Chamber of Commerce has compiled a list of recently initiated businesses and it easily numbered 100.
The range and originality of products offered reflects the resourcefulness and imagination of the entrepreneurs who have created them. Here’s a sampling of some of the offerings:
– a tailor made apps designer
– gifts for pregnancy couples
– a service that connects car owners with unused parking spaces in apartments, homes etc
– after-school education about robotics and coding
– cinematic portraits
– an intermediary company for exporting Australian products to China
– weight-loss products
– a service that tracks pallets, bins, containers and other equipment
– a device that calculates the cost of consumption of home appliances
By far, the majority of businesses are involved in media, technology and design, not surprising since Pyrmont Ultimo is also considered Australia’s “Silicon Valley”.
Start-ups in the precinct benefit from a number of business support companies that provide advice, tools, personnel, and co-working office space. People like Netstripes, WeWork, WOTSO, Fishburners. With the innovative and actively engaged University of Technology, Sydney nearby, it’s little wonder the population is rife with budding world-changers.
Click on the following link to download the complete list: Pyrmont Ultimo 100 Start-ups